Friday 19 October 2012

Gerrard is selfish... he would rather score and Liverpool lose, claims Diouf

El Hadji Diouf has launched an astonishing attack on Steven Gerrard - claiming the Liverpool captain is selfish.
Diouf has burned his bridges at almost every club
he's been at and the controversial striker can certainly forget about returning to Anfield.
Now at Leeds, the 31-year-old forward played for the Reds between 2002 and 2004. Diouf told L'Equipe: 'Gerrard was jealous of me back then as I had the world at my feet. There's no one more selfish... he doesn't care about anyone else.

'Gerrard would rather Liverpool lost and he scored. The old Liverpool guys can't stand him. I won't even start with [Jamie] Carragher.'
During his Liverpool days Diouf was banned and fined for spitting at a Celtic fan during a UEFA Cup tie at Parkhead.
Diouf is now strutting his stuff as captain of Leeds in the Championship for a manager, Neil Warnock, who once labelled him a sewer rat.
His other clubs include Sochaux, Rennes, Lens, Bolton, Sunderland, Blackburn, Rangers and Doncaster but despite the many moves, Diouf has no doubts when it comes to his own ability.
He added: 'I once took a private jet with Maradona. He shook my hand and told me he'd enjoyed (watching me play). That makes me happy.'
Senegal capped Diouf 69 times and he said: 'Back in Senegal, I'm a demi god. People went and burned tyres simply because I wasn't picked for the play-off against Ivory Coast.'
After Diouf left for Bolton Wanderers, Gerrard questioned the Senegal international's commitment during his time at Anfield.
'I wasn't Diouf's number one fan,' wrote the Liverpool captain in his 2007 autobiography.
'Being around Melwood and Anfield I knew which players were hungry, which players had Liverpool at heart. Diouf was just interested in himself.
'His attitude was all wrong. I felt he wasn't really a***d about putting his body on the line to get Liverpool back at the top.'
- Daily mail

No comments:

Post a Comment